This RIVCHO in-house sponsored project is been executed in two Secondary Schools in the State; Our Lady’s High School Effurun and Ovwian Secondary School. It aims at reducing by fifty percent, the number of school drop-outs among teenage girls in both schools at the end of 2012. In the process RIVCHO hopes to also reduce by at least thirty percent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections among teenage girls and to reduce the number of sexually active teenage girls in the LGA by ten percent at the end of 2012.
Ms Emily Jitokun and Ms Rosemary Okeke who are in charge of this project passionately believe that it is vital for the betterment of society. Already advocacy visits have been made to the leadership of these schools and a workplan developed and adopted by stakeholders.
Main activites include-
- Conduct of termly sensitization outreaches on education, STIs and teenage pregnancy to teenage girls in Secondary Schools
- Provision of educational support to 60 teenage girls
- Monitoring the attendance and performance of 60 teenage girls across the two schools
- Conduct TOT training for 30 teenage girls on Peer Education
- Inaugurate Peer Education Training (PET) Clubs in the schools.